Potassium is an important part of our daily diets, but many people fall short each day, getting only half of the recommended 4700 milligrams. Foods high in potassium are said to help prevent strokes and hypertension. The mineral helps protect our blood vessels, heart, and kidneys. It can also help with avoiding muscle cramps.
The best way to get your daily dose of potassium is to follow a clean eating regimen. Supplements can cause ingestion of too much potassium, which is harmful to your health. We’ve compiled a list of clean eating vegetables, fruits, and other foods that will help you reach 4700 milligrams. Here are our 21 Foods High in Potassium:
1. Winter squash- cubed, 1 cup, cooked: 896 mg
2. Sweet potato- medium, baked with skin: 694 mg. This recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Kale and Feta is scrumptious and chock-full of nutrients.
3. Potato- medium, baked with skin: 610 mg
4. White beans- canned, drained, half cup: 595 mg
5. Yogurt- fat-free, 1 cup: 579 mg
6. Halibut- 3 ounces, cooked: 490 mg. This Slow Cooker Halibut Stew is utterly decadent and completely clean.
7. 100% Orange Juice- 8 ounces: 496 mg
8. Broccoli– 1 cup, cooked: 457 mg
9. Cantaloupe– cubed, 1 cup: 431 mg